WEDDING IN A WEEK CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the WEDDING IN A WEEK (the “Contest”) is open to legal U.S. residents of the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia who reside in the Washington, DC/Hagerstown, MD DMA, who are 21 years or older at the time of entry and are engaged couples. All ethnicities, ages 21 years or older, and genders are welcome. Employees and contractors of WUSA9 (“Sponsor”), TEGNA Inc., Wedding Experience, Showcase Events Inc., The Madison Washington DC Hilton Hotel and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Contest will begin at 9:01 a.m. on December 22th , 2017 and end at 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on January 10th, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). Enter online by visiting [wusa9.com/weddinginaweek], clicking on the WEDDING IN A WEEK link, completing all required information and following all posted instructions. Each photo submission must be an authentic, original photo taken by Contestant identified on the accompanying entry form, and the Contestant must own the copyright in the photo submitted (See next paragraph for details). All digital entries should be at the highest resolution possible and edited as the Contestant prefers. Entrants must certify that any individuals of any age shown in the photo furnished, have been informed that their photo has been entered in a Contest and have no objection to Entrant’s submission and Sponsor’s display and posting of such photo for purposes of this Contest. Images must not have been digitally altered in any way other than necessary cropping. Limit one (1) entry per person. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. January 10th, 2018.
By sharing a video/photo with us in a Facebook post, comment or message, you agree that:
- You own the video/photo
- TEGNA can use it on all platforms (TV, digital, social)
- TEGNA can use it in news coverage, programming and promotions
- TEGNA can share it with other content partners
- This license is worldwide, perpetual and irrevocable
Maximum one (1) entry per person. Multiple entries by means of software generated or other automated processes will be disregarded.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Contestants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party’s intellectual property rights, or that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience. By entering, you agree to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions in any email received from Sponsor.
· Creativity (1 – 7 points)
· Content (1 – 8 points)
Judging will conclude on January 11th after the end of the Contest Period and the four-(4) engaged couples “contestants” with the highest cumulative score will be designated the Finalists. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be re-judged on the same criteria listed above. Decisions of judges and Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects.
· December 22th-January 10th (Engaged Couples Enter)
· January 11th (Judges select Finalists, four-4 Engaged Couples)
· January 12th (Finalists, four-4 engaged couples announced on Great Day Washington and wusa9.com/weddinginaweek)
· January 12th-January 18th (Viewer Voting to select winning couple) wusa9.com/weddinginaweek
· January 19th (Winning engaged Couple revealed on Great Day Washington and wusa9.con/weddinginaweek)
· January 22nd (Viewers Vote on Dress) wusa9.com/weddinginaweek
· January 23rd (Viewers Vote on Menu Item) wusa9.com/weddinginaweek
· January 24th (Viewers Vote on Flowers) wusa9.com/weddinginaweek
· January 25th (Viewers Vote on Cake) wusa9.com/weddinginaweek
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive:
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be determined. The grand prize winner will receive a wedding package which includes use of The Madison Washington DC Hilton Hotel for a wedding ceremony on Friday, January 26th at 9:00 a.m. immediately followed by a brunch reception with catering for up to 100 people -($15,000), a wedding dress-($500), wedding cake-($800), flowers-($2,600), honeymoon trip (details in paragraph below)-($1,500), , and the services of a justice of the peace-($400). The entire prize package is valued at $33,850.
Honeymoon trip consists of three (3) night oceanfront stay at Sea Ranch Resort, Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina, plus champagne on arrival (for guests 21 years old and older) and $60 dining credit or credit towards a future stay. Reservations must be made in advance. Holiday weekends excluded. Gratuities not included. All travel must be completed by December 31, 2018.
The specific wedding dress, wedding cake, wedding flowers and wedding song will be determined by an online viewer vote at wusa9.com/weddinginaweek using the following schedule:
· Monday, January 22nd Wedding dress voting. Approximate value of the dress is $500.
· Tuesday, January 23rd Menu voting. Approximate value of the venue & catering is $15,000.
· Wednesday, January 24th Flowers. Approximate value of the flowers is $2,600.
· Thursday, January 25th Cake. Approximate value of cake is $800.
Voting for each of these four elements will begin at 9:00 a.m. Monday January 22nd at 9:00 a.m. and conclude at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, January 25th.
All prizes will be awarded during and prior to the live wedding ceremony on WUSA9 during Great Day Washington, 9:00 a.m. the morning of January 26, 2018.
Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 5 business days of notification. All persons traveling on the trip must be 18 years of age or over. All persons traveling on the trip must also sign and return a release which must be returned with the winner’s release and affidavit of eligibility within the time frame specified above. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented. Winners may be required to sign additional documentation as required by the sponsors.
If winner does not timely return the affidavit of eligibility, the prize will be awarded to the engaged couple receiving the next highest number of votes.
There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes. Wedding Experience, Showcase Events Inc. has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
Only one prize will be awarded per household. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Finalists will be notified on or about January 12th, 2018. The Grand Prize Winners will be notified on or about January 19, 2018. at the telephone number, email address and/or U.S. Mail address provided on winner’s entry form. “Sponsor will call during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winner by phone after three (3) attempts, return of email notification as undeliverable, or failure of winner to respond to email notification may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize, each winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 4100 Wisconsin Ave. NW Washington, DC 20016 within “forty-eight (48) hours after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9 a.m. (E.T.) and 5 p.m. (E.T.) weekdays) and must present a valid photo identification. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability certifying that the entrant’s submission is entrant's original work, that entrant owns right to the work, that the submission has not previously won an award or prize in a contest and has not previously been published, and that entrant has complied with the Official Rules of the Contest, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, poor quality photos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries, or votes submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each contestant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the contestant’s submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each contestant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsor may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Sponsor.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The WEDDING IN A WEEK CONTEST is sponsored by WUSA9, Wedding Experience, Showcase Events Inc., and The Madison Washington DC Hilton Hotel. The decisions of Sponsor and the Contest judges regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after February 28, 2018) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), WEDDING IN A WEEK, 4100 Wisconsin Avenue NW Washington, DC 20016. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Darlene Dyer at (202)-895-5933 or firstname.lastname@example.org.